6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 30, 2012 6:06 PM by alanfromswords
alanfromswords Level 1 Level 1

"Note: Pink tick marks will be dimmed if your portable computer is not connected to your external backup disk or Time Capsule." for some reason my back ups from last couple days are dimmed regardless the drive is connected or not. Anyone have idea why?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4)
  • Linc Davis Level 10 Level 10
    expertise.applications
    Applications

Are you unable to access the dimmed snapshots when the drive is connected? What about older snapshots? Has Time Machine been reporting errors when backing up?

• mac_alanisko Level 1 Level 1

Yep, can't access them at all.. It's customer's machine and he didn't reported any errors at all. He said that everything went fine. And there are not any other older snapshots, just recent one and than old back up's that i can access without any problems. weird...

expertise.applications
    Applications

If you're the original poster, please reply with the same ID you used before.

• alanfromswords Level 1 Level 1

yep, it's me:) why is that importand? i have two accounts

expertise.applications
    Applications

You say it's a customer's machine. I don't particularly care to spend my leisure time giving advice for which you will be paid.

• alanfromswords Level 1 Level 1

Ok dude, first thing, i didn't ask YOU to help (but i'm glad you was the only one who was willing to help)

second, i said it's customers machine, but i don't particulary paid for this..

I'm ACMT employed by APR here in Ireland, that was customer of my employer and the reason why i placed this question here was that Apple Care and TSP didn't know the answer.

I don't have access to that machine anymore, that customer collect it already and i'm looking for the answer in case i'll come across similar issue in future.

So again, i'm glad you was willing to help, but if you don't want to, just don't do it.