Skip navigation

Is there a quick way to replace a still image without changing duration and transition in FCPX?

552 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 1, 2012 8:41 AM by Soniq2 RSS
freediverx01 Level 1 Level 1 (40 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Jun 30, 2012 5:22 AM

This question was previously posted and answered for FCP a couple of years ago. I have the same question but for FCPX, as the previously offered solution doesn't match the menu options on the current version of the software.

Basically I have a number of projects that contain missing clips. The missing media are mostly still images. I know where the replacement images are located since I can easily search for the filenames in my Aperture library from FCPX's Photo Browser.

However if I do a drag and drop from the Photo Browser the image appears pixelated (the source is a high res raw file.) I also lose all my previously set transition effects. If I need to manually set all the effects for all the missing clips than this will simply not be worth the effort.

What's the correct process for replacing an image in a project timeline while preserving all previously set effects?

Either I'm a little slow or the solution for this is ridiculously unintuitive.

Final Cut Pro X, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.