Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages (iWorks '09) suddenly does not work with OS 10.7.4 (Lion).

All of a sudden Pages does not work with Lion (OS 10.7.4). I work with pages from the year 2009; always without any problem.

Yesterday I tried to open Pages, but got message it can not be opened with my OS (Lion). I installed Lion last november. Yesterday and today I reinstalled iWork '09. This software I did buy in 2009.

After reinstalling Pages does not work.

Does anyone know what's atter?

iMac (24-inch Early 2008), Mac OS X (10.7.4), iPad, iPhone

Posted on Jun 30, 2012 5:34 AM

6 replies

Jul 1, 2012 4:24 AM in response to Ronald Johan

You have to completely delete iWork before installing again.You cannot completely delete iWork by moving the iWork '09 folder to the Trash. Instead, use Yvan Koenig's script:

• Go to http://www.box.com/s/00qnssoyeq2xvc22ra4k

• Choose public_YK > for_iWork'09 > other_iWork'09 items

• Click on uninstall iWork '09.zip, decompress it, open it in AppleScript Editor and click the Run button

Restart the computer and install again from the iWork 09 CD. Do the software updates too.

Pages (iWorks '09) suddenly does not work with OS 10.7.4 (Lion).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.