Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I change autofill details?

How Can I change my form autofill details. I want to change the phone number. I have only the one I want checked in my address book but it still uses a different one. Using Lion OS if that matters.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Jun 30, 2012 6:51 AM

13 replies

Jul 1, 2012 2:14 AM in response to Neville Hillyer

Sorry Neville

"Editing" the autofill pref takes you to your card in the address book where I have different phone numbers, etc. There are check boxes against these, presumably to indicate whether they get displayed in autofill (though could be wriong here). Even with the phone number I want as the only one checked, a different number is autofilled.

Jul 1, 2012 3:02 AM in response to jimherbert15

Hello Jim:

In Safari>preferences>autofill the "?" at the bottom will explain what is happening.

Editing" the autofill pref takes you to your card in the address book where I have different phone numbers, etc. There are check boxes against these, presumably to indicate whether they get displayed in autofill (though could be wriong here). Even with the phone number I want as the only one checked, a different number is autofilled.

"Check boxes." What check boxes are you seeing? My Address Book view has no such boxes.....

As I recall (I have not looked at it recently) autofill uses the first telephone number from address book.

Barry

Jul 1, 2012 3:48 AM in response to Barry Hemphill

Hi Barry

Thanks for getting in touch. Address book doesn't have check boxes next to items in the card when viewed normally. However, when you click the Edit button in Safari autofill prefs it opens up Address book at the card and it does then have check boxes. It seems reasonable to hink that these are something o do with he information you want autofilled, right?

I already thought about the first entry and rejigged the info such as the required number was at the top - no joy.

In frustration, I've deleted the card and created a new one with only the info I want entered and that seems to have worked.

Thanks all.

How can I change autofill details?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.