Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HOW DO I BLOCK SPAM TEXT MESSAGES?

How do I block SPAM Text message ?.I wantto be able to block these tel numbers. I am receiving them more and more. Also EMail SPAM as well

I am new to iPhone. Thank you

IPhone 3G s, iOS 4

Posted on Jun 30, 2012 7:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2012 7:36 AM

Any text blocking would be done through your carrier.

7 replies

Jun 30, 2012 7:41 AM in response to ronasch

You can't block text spam, but your carrier can. Many carriers have a blocking service; ask yours. Many also allow you to report text spam; with AT&T and Verizon, for example, you forward the text spam to 7726 (SPAM).

Likewise for email spam. Your email provider must provide spam blocking because there is no way to do it on the phone. Most email providers do; if yours doesn't maybe you should change providers.

HOW DO I BLOCK SPAM TEXT MESSAGES?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.