Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Serial number Logic Pro

Where do I find the serial number for my download of Logic Pro 9?

Logic Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jun 30, 2012 9:18 AM

10 replies

Jul 1, 2012 2:07 PM in response to Blueberry

I bought Logic Pro 9 (full version) from the App Store and I have a receipt - obviously, no serial number.

Then I bought Logic Studio Upgrade (this includes upgrade for Logic Pro).

When I install the Logic Studio Upgrade, it requires a serial number form the older Logic Pro - I don't have a serial number becuase it wasn't issued by the App Store.

How do I now install my Logic Studio Upgrade please?

Jul 1, 2012 2:44 PM in response to christh

I don't think you can use the upgrade. Just as Blueberry said, you have to have an older version. Once you download LP 9 from the app store you get any upgrades free unitll LP 10 is released. You don't need the upgrade you purchased and there is no upgrade anyway at the moment. Not sure what you want to upgrade to.

Jul 1, 2012 10:11 PM in response to Pancenter

The process has been as follows; I bought Logic Pro 9 and it didnt have full functionality becuase I could not download the additional content of 8.5GB apprx. iStore were prepared to do the download, but suggested that if I bought Logic Studio Upgrade, then this would solve the problem. This seemed like a good idea to me becuase I then would have greater functionality with other included products.

When I explained the serial number problem to iStore and my local Apple phone support, nobody knew about this type of problem and t/fore they cannot suggest any solution.

Everyone, thank you for your input on this topic. I realise that there is no available solution to upgrade in my case and I will consider asking iStore for a refund and return L/Studio.

Serial number Logic Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.