Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My newly store bought ipod shuffle has no sound

I just bought an ipod shuffle 4th generation today on the 30th June 2012. I managed to sync all my songs(93 songs) into my ipod without the problem. The I decided to fiddle around with it, so i plugged in my sony heeadphones and pressed play. It worked perfectly fine, then I pressed the voiceover button for a while and the sound/music is gone. I tried different headphones and earphones but they all don't work. I tried restoring my ipod but nothing has changed. Please help!

iPod shuffle, Windows 7

Posted on Jun 30, 2012 9:15 AM

1 reply

Jun 30, 2012 2:01 PM in response to eliseheartscandy

Well, it's under warranty and it doesn't sound like you did anything to "break" it, so at worse, you can get it replaced.

Make sure you have moved the power switch on the shuffle from ON to OFF, like it says in this procedure to reset the shuffle

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1655

Other than that, if you have already done a Restore (using iTunes), I can't think of anything else. If you have an Apple Store nearby, you should make a reservation at the Genius Bar to have them take a look and see about getting a replacement (if it's defective).

My newly store bought ipod shuffle has no sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.