9 Replies Latest reply: Jul 1, 2012 3:52 PM by DMerz
DMerz Level 1 Level 1 (20 points)

Hello,

Configuration: OS X v10.6.8, Safari 5.1.7

On May 29th, I updated to the latest version of Adobe Flash Player:  Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202 — from file “Flash Player.plugin” (version 11.2.202.235).

Over the past few days, I keep getting this dialog while using my browser:

Adobe Flash Player Update_06-29_2012.jpg

I'm confused about this, since the Apple Support Article: HT5271  says:

Safari 5.1.7 for OS X Lion, Safari 5.1.7 for OS X Snow Leopard, and Leopard Security Update 2012-003 disable out-of-date versions of Adobe Flash Player.

Out-of-date versions of Adobe Flash Player do not include the latest security updates and will be disabled to help keep your Mac secure. If Safari 5.1.7 or Leopard Security Update 2012-003 detects an out-of-date version of Flash Player on your system, you will see a dialog informing you that Flash Player has been disabled. The dialog provides the option to go directly to Adobe's website, where you can download and install an updated version of Flash Player.

This Adobe dialog I'm getting does not seem to follow what the Support Article says.  I have installed Security Update 2012-003.

Do I install this per the Adobe dialog I'm seeing OR do I wait for a Mac (Safari) dialog informing me that Flash Player has been disabled providing me with the option to go directly to Adobe's website (as noted in the Apple Support Article: HT5271)? 

And do I need to deselect automatic updates in the Flash Player Local Settings Manager (I can't seem to even find the Settings Manager)?

Thanks in advance for the help!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB Ram, 250 GB HD