Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen maginified and jumps around. Magic mouse issues

All of a sudden my magic mouse will zoom things without my command. It has magnified my screen so the whole screen (desktop) is not visible at one time and I can't figure out how to put it back the way it was. In the meantime, when I move the move everything jumps around. HELP! What is going on?

Posted on Jun 30, 2012 12:15 PM

7 replies

Jun 30, 2012 7:07 PM in response to captfred

Sorry, I don't think you understand the problem I'm having. The mouse acts on its own all of a sudden. For example I will be in an application and just move the mouse (without touching the keyboard or attempting to click anything) and the screen will zoom to 400%. Now my desktop screen is so zoomed in that the top or bottom is missing. So when I move the mouse the whole screen jumps up and down or from side to side. No amount of tinkering in System Preferences has fixed it. Changing the screen resolution makes it worse actually. Holding the Control key on the desktop just brings up the menu for the desktop. It does nothing.

I've read that there are issues with the magic mouse. I guess that would be correct.

Jul 1, 2012 1:41 AM in response to The Ailurophile

Hold down the control key while at the same time dragging you finger up or down the magic mouse or moving a mouse scroll wheel.

If you are using a magic mouse open the Mouse system preferences and mouse over the Screen Zoom checkbox line and look at the little movie illustrating what I just described.

The Screen Zoom options control how the screen is supposed to behave with respect to the mouse pointer position.

Screen maginified and jumps around. Magic mouse issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.