Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MobileMe alias not transferred

Hi,

I just moved from MobileMe to iCloud.

However, it has not moved my email alias' properly, iCloud says I have none, but if I email the alisas' they work.

What should I do, I don't want to loose my alias'.

Thanks.

iCloud -OTHER, iOS 5.1, MobileMe to icloud

Posted on Jun 30, 2012 1:13 PM

9 replies

Jul 1, 2012 3:09 PM in response to Thomas Hayes

I have the same problem. I can receive emails to aliases, but not send. I was on the phone with Apple support all morning about this. They suspect it may be the older Safari browser I'm using that iCloud doesn't support. I'm unable to upgrade anything past 4.1.3 Safari on this PowerBook G4, and am unable to currently purchase a new computer right now. However, the aliases work on my iPhone 4S, so this points to the Safari browser not being supported by iCloud.

Which browsers are you guys using?

Jul 1, 2012 6:14 PM in response to capewrt

I don't think it would be your older system, but then again, what do I know. Maybe it's just a glitch with their site (hopefully). It would be helpful if you contacted Apple support and tell them about it - the more there are of us who do, the better. The Apple support guy on the phone today said he hadn't heard of any other people experiencing this issue! That's why they suspected my browser.

Jul 2, 2012 3:18 AM in response to GuyWalksIntoABar

Hi GuyWalksIntoABar,

I have the same problem either. On 29 July I migrated "my mail only" from MobileMe to iCloud.

Thanks to Roger Wilmut1 kind and most helpful advise (many thanks Roger!) ho to configure my Mail app manually in Tiger http://www.wilmut.webspace.virginmedia.com/notes/icloudmail2.html I managed (with some difficulties) to make at least my mail Mail working normally (almost) on Tiger 10.4.11 but additionally I entered my aliases (Mail, Tiger) as Roger described here for Snow Leopard http://www.wilmut.webspace.virginmedia.com/notes/icloudmail.html

So - my aliases work ok - I can send and receive e-mails - but only when I use Mail app. When I log to my iCloud account at www.icloud.com/#mail/prefences/acounts I see no aliases at all. The box is empty - it says that I can create up to three aliases... I have five aliases - .mac.com and the version of them .me.com but I use my .mac.com only. I did not try to 'recreate' any of them in that 'alias box'.

Logging to iCloud tested on:

Mac - Tiger 10.4.11, Safari 4.1.3 (there is an info: "browser unsupported" but you can log in without any problem) and PC (hmm some Dell machine Windows 7) - latest Firefox (here "all is supported" but an alias box is empty either).

So I think that it is not the browser fault but it must be the iCloud issue...

Hope they will fix that great inconvenience. I am with .mac from iTools through .mac and MobileMe - about 12 years and I have never had so such stress with e-mail...

Cheers

Jul 2, 2012 3:41 AM in response to Traszka

on my iPhone 4S, running iOS 5.1.1

I can send emails using the alias' and they are received by multiple accounts (external to @me.com accounts).

If it is any help, I just logged into my iCould accouns and all my alias' are there. Phewww.

I now wish apple would recreate the old

MobileMe Gallery and idisk in iCloud. There were really great. I trust Apple with my data.

Hope that helps others.

🙂

MobileMe alias not transferred

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.