Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

Keyboard backlight settings query (MacBook Pro 2011)

25126 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 1, 2012 11:52 AM by Peter_M RSS
Peter_M Level 1 Level 1 (55 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Jun 30, 2012 12:43 PM

Recently, I've noticed that the system preferences for the keyboard backlight settings only seem to be partially working on my Mac Book Pro 2011. This might be since I updated to 10.7.4 or applied the firmware update EFI 2.7; I can't say which since I did the two close together. The keyboard still lights up and the slider that sets the time-out for illumination still works as do the F5 and F6 keys to dim and brighten the light. However, the preference setting seem to completely ignore the tick box to select whether you want the illumination function on or off. Has anyone else had this problem or is it just me?

• dominic23 Level 6 Level 6 (18,470 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 30, 2012 1:08 PM (in response to Peter_M)

I do not know why this happens.

For:

The keyboard backlight appears to behave incorrectly (on Mac computers that have this feature).

Reset SMC.  http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3964

Choose the method for:

"Resetting SMC on portables with a battery you should not remove on your own".

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.