Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After iCloud move have multiple iCloud IMAP mail accounts for my one .mac email address.

I'm one of the folks with a pre-existing .Mac email account who used to use MobileMe for syncing. After moving to iCloud I'm seeing that I have two Mail accounts of the "iCloud IMAP" type associated with my pre-existing .Mac email address (see image below). Should I go ahead now and delete the "MobileMe" account on within my iMac's Mail program? Or should I just count on it going away when Apple ends its MobileMe service at midnight tonight? Want to make sure I don't mess anything up.

User uploaded file

I ALSO have a similar condundrum with Mail on my MacBook Pro. I don't have an image showing that, but on my MacBookPro I have two iCloud IMAP accounts for my .mac email address. One of the accounts is named ".Mac Account" and one is named "iCloud." I don't understand why my MacBook Pro computer has the "account named iCloud, while my iMac computer doesn't. And I'm wondering--do I delete one of these accounts on my MacBook Pro, and if so which?

Thanks so much!!!

(Expanded description below, just in case additional details are helpful:

I've upgraded to the Lion operating system on both my iMac and MacBook Pro, completed the move from MobileMe to iCloud using the me.com/move website, and turned on ICloud for Mail in both computers. The following is now happening in my Mail program on each of my computers.

• Situation with Mail accounts my iMac:
    • Within my Mail program one of the two "iCloud IMAP" type accounts with my .Mac email address is showing up as ".Mac Account" and one is showing up as "MobileMe". I see these two accounts listed in my Mailboxes (as shown in the attached image) and when I open my Mail Preferences and look at my "Accounts."
    • Most but not all of the account information within my Mail Preferences is identical for these two accounts.
      • Things that are identical: Both are iCloud IMAP type accounts. Both are using the same p99-imap.mail.me.com incoming server.
      • Differences are that the Description for one is ".Mac account" and the other is MobileMe account; and that my email address is capitalized in one and not in the other. Also, the names of the outgoing SMTP mail servers are slightly different: the .Mac account SMTP is .Mac Account (iCloud) and the MobileMe account SMPT is MobileMe (iCloud).
  • Situation with Mail Accounts on my MacBook Pro. Similar issues, except on MyMacBook Pro there is no "MobileMe" account listed. On my MacBook Pro, I have the account called ".Mac Account" and I have an account called "ICloud," both of which use my .Mac email address.)

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jun 30, 2012 2:07 PM

There are no replies.

After iCloud move have multiple iCloud IMAP mail accounts for my one .mac email address.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.