Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete a corrupted audiobook file on my iTouch?

I purchased and downloaded my second audiobook last weekend but after 4 hours into the first part, the audio stopped and then it skipped to part 2. I could not find a way to redownload my purchase again for audiobooks. I emailed support and they put another copy for me to download and told me to delete the file before downloading. Since I did not know how to delete the file without plugging into iTunes on my PC, i did so, but the sync started automatically - I thought it was not marked to not do it automatically - and so the download proceeded. Now the version on my PC appears to be working and not skipping. When I did a sync to my iTouch, it did not overwrite the bad file - it still skips oabout 4 hours. I thought if I could delete it off the iTouch, the good version might then download, but I do not know how to delete it on just the iTouch.

iPod touch

Posted on Jun 30, 2012 5:00 PM

1 reply

Jun 30, 2012 5:24 PM in response to Isabeau46

I found an answer elsewhere on this site:

I unchecked the audiobook in iTunes and then ran an autosync - apparently it has to autosync - and the bad file disappeared on the iTouch. I then checked the audiobook again, did another sync and when I went to the place where there was a problem and checked the sound, it looks like the new good file is now on my iTouch. Hope this helps someone else.

How do I delete a corrupted audiobook file on my iTouch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.