2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 2, 2012 8:41 AM by lsmchugh
lsmchugh Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I was having a problem connecting on a widget so I deleted it and reinstalled.  The reinstallation was odd, the widget appeared "waiting" for several minutes and then disappeared.  I went to the app store again and it shows that it is installed.  The apps listed on my phone also show that it is installed.  How can I delete it???

iPhone 3GS, iOS 4.3.3
  • 1. Re: Deleting a application on my iPhone...the widget is missing
    Johnathan Burger Level 6 Level 6 (14,900 points)

There are no widgets on any iOS device.

Do you mean icon?

Hold your finger on the app icon, after it wiggles press the "x" in a circle that appeared.

Confirm you want to delete it.

• 2. Re: Deleting a application on my iPhone...the widget is missing
    lsmchugh Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Jonathan, Thank you for taking the time to respond to my question.  First of all, I must be mistaken because I thought iPhones operatated on an iOS.  In my mind I also thought that widgets and icons were the same thing.  Please accept my apology.  I have had three iPhones and have never had any problems.  I do know how to delete an icon under normal circumstances however, this was not the case.  The "icon" was NOT on any screen on my phone.  After investigating I found that under purchases you could slide your finger and "unhide" the icon and then continue as normal.  Again, thank you for taking the time to try and help.