Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

kernel.log full of "com_oxsemi_UserClient::start()"

Hi people,

I was in Console investigating another issue, when I saw this message popping up every 4 seconds:

01/07/12 01.54.18,000 kernel: com_oxsemi_UserClient::start()

01/07/12 01.54.22,000 kernel: com_oxsemi_UserClient::start()

01/07/12 01.54.26,000 kernel: com_oxsemi_UserClient::start()

01/07/12 01.54.30,000 kernel: com_oxsemi_UserClient::start()

01/07/12 01.54.34,000 kernel: com_oxsemi_UserClient::start()

Google has not been of any help, so you guys are my last hope 🙂 Any ideas what this means, the cause, or how to fix?

MacBook Pro 15, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jun 30, 2012 4:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2012 5:13 PM

Something to do with an Oxford Semiconductor device, I'd guess. Try disconnecting all external storage devices and see whether it goes away. If not, boot in safe mode.

4 replies

Jul 1, 2012 4:37 AM in response to Linc Davis

Oh so that's what "osxsemi" means.

So I tried to disconnect my Lacie Rugged Safe drive - and the console messages went away. I restarted Mac, connected the drive again - and no messages. Weird.

Any idea if this means the drive is having issues / about to fail? Or who might the culprit be, the drive, the Mac, the OS X or just random coincidence that need no further worries?

Jun 21, 2013 3:06 AM in response to Linc Davis

I had two disks connected over Firewire (on a Retina MacBook Pro via the 27 thunderbolt screen). This message dissappeared when I disconnected them.

I narrowed it down to being caused by my "Lacie Rugged Safe 1TB" firewire drive. Removing it was the solution. I didn't like this device anyway. You can't disable hardware encryption on it so you're forced to install their software instead of simply relying on the much simpler builtin encryption that OSX offers.

kernel.log full of "com_oxsemi_UserClient::start()"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.