Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"MobileMe has been discontinued" - cannot close dialog

This is a ridiculous problem. I am being presented with a dialogue box in Aperture (latest version) that I cannot close. It is completely modal, and none of the buttons ("Learn More,Switch to Library or OK") do anything. I can move the box around or I can force quit aperture. Thats it.

I have tried opening up Aperture with other libraries, I have gone in to mobileme and deleted the old libraries that I had there.

Aperture is now completely broken for me and I cannot access any of my photos through it as a result. This is very, very poor.

Anyone got any idea how to fix this (other than switch to Lightroom?)

thanks

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jul 1, 2012 3:58 AM

13 replies

Jul 1, 2012 7:38 AM in response to Ernie Stamper

I have the same problem, but I can't find that plist (it doesn't seem to exist in my home/library/prefences folder). I logged out of MobileMe but that didn't help, either. I only used mobileme for a one-month trial two years ago and haven't touched it since. I tried to log back into mobileme...which took me to the mobileme website, but I couldn't log in there to try to migrate my account (which doesn't have anything anyway).

Any other thoughts on what I can try?

Mende1 mentioned deleting the mobileme account, but I'm not exactly sure what that means or what is involved with "deleting" it.

Jul 1, 2012 9:32 AM in response to Ernie Stamper

Ernie

Thanks!

I had the same problem and the .plist delete fixed it for me (I also signed out of MobileMe in System Preferences before deleting the file).

BTW - for those of you who arrive here and do not know how to find the (normally hidden) Library folder, hold down the Option key while in the Finder menu bar you click on Go -- Library will appear in the dropdown.

Jul 2, 2012 6:15 AM in response to jas

I found the problem to be similar when launching iPhoto. Only needed to click the Learn More, and then use iPhoto/Preferences/Web to remove all references to MobileMe. Did not find any need to disconnect from the internet.

Since I had thought to do that last week in Aperture, I only found the issue because some people were talking about it with iPhoto as well.

Btw, the advisory from the Learn More link has a lot of info about this:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5129

Ernie

"MobileMe has been discontinued" - cannot close dialog

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.