Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Warning! Dont subscibe to itunes match!!

I have made the silly mistake of paying for Apples itunes match.

DO NOT make same mistake!!

It just keeps crashing iTunes and doesn't even tell you why!!? (except for "iTunes has encountered a problem and needs to close")

I have emailed iTunes and have not received a response! bet they send an e-mail when I'm due to resubscribe though.

Well if anyone from iTunes reads this, PLEASE DON'T as I will not be resubscibing!!

Windows XP

Posted on Jul 1, 2012 3:29 AM

10 replies

Jul 1, 2012 7:48 AM in response to stephen a rose

There's probably a conflict with another app or DLL causing an issue. First suggestion I have is to backup your library and then uninstall and reinstall iTunes. Perhaps that will do the trick.

Also, if you're using Windows XP I would recommend that you consider an OS upgrade. I was using XP with Match but I had issues from time to time that I did not have with Windows 7. I'm not sure if Match is even supported on XP, to be honest with you. XP only has less than 2 years of support left before MS finally abandons it for good.

Jul 2, 2012 6:33 AM in response to stephen a rose

This is what happened to me. I was using it with XP back in November and it worked fine. Then, there was an update (maybe early this year?) where I started having slowness and issues that I wasn't having on Win7, so I abandoned using it on XP.

It's not very scientific, just an observation. It's possible that these new updates aren't being tested on XP anymore. I'd also assume that, at some point next year, Apple won't even support XP at all.

Jul 3, 2012 8:36 AM in response to stephen a rose

iTunes Match on XP was never supported, tmk. OS requirements are OSX 10.6.8 on the MacOS side, and Vista or newer on the Windows side:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4914

That doesn't mean it won't work, but it means that if you have problems and call them, they can just throw up their hands and say "sorry, get Windows 7". Again, I used iTM under XP for about 2 months and it definitely worked. But with newer iTunes versions I started having slowness issues with Matching that I didn't see with Win7, as I mentioned previously.

Warning! Dont subscibe to itunes match!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.