Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

From MobleMe

Your web page says that you placed the photos into a the Source in a folder called From MoblileMe.

Where? What is the "Source"? Where is the folder called "From MobileMe"? I don't see it in iPhoto.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jul 1, 2012 5:55 AM

3 replies

Jul 1, 2012 10:23 AM in response to LarryHN

I received a notice today from MobileMe that my service had been discontinued. Well that was to be expected. Then it told me to click OK, so I did. It took me to the following URL:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5129

This was about iPhoto 9.2.2 or Later indicating the following:

When you click the OK button, iPhoto performs these steps:

• iPhoto scans your MobileMe account.
  • A folder named From MobileMe is created in the Source list.
  • For each album in the iPhoto MobileMe web account, a corresponding album is created in the From MobileMe folder.
  • If there are items from other sources in any of the MobileMe iPhoto web albums (for instance, photos uploaded by other people), they are downloaded and placed in an event named From MobileMe. The keyword "From MobileMe" will be added to each item.

I am wondering where is the "Source list" that it refers to? Where would I find the "From MobileMe Folder" that this referred to.

Jul 1, 2012 10:45 AM in response to bleeper

I finally figured this out. After clicking the OK dialog box, it creates an Event in iPhoto called "From MobileMe". It was not clear what was meant by a Source list, but nothing was lost or gained. I already had the item posted in iPhoto, so it only created a duplicate of an iMovie that was already in iPhoto.

From MobleMe

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.