Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Did I Misread the memo? Mail with OS 10.6.8

I have a 2006 era core duo intel iMac and can't upgrade to Lion. I also have an iPhone 4.

With all of the "communication" on the transition from Mobile Me to iCloud my understanding was I could move my email account to iCloud and keep my email address. Fine.

Well, I am able to access my email account on my iPhone. I can't implement the new server settings in the Mail app on the Mac. I want to continue to get my email through the Mail app.

I am not in a panic yet because I can access email through Safari in web browser mode.

Am I missing something or is this my new world?

Thank you for any guidance.

Carl

Posted on Jul 1, 2012 4:10 PM

6 replies

Jul 1, 2012 6:36 PM in response to Carl Briscoe1

I'm running 10.6.8 on a MacBook Pro, but other than that, we're in a similar situation. I can't collect mail through the OSX Mail program, though I can access the iCloud webmail service and get mail through my iPhone 4S. But I run everything through my MB Pro's Mail program so these are stop-gap solutions. And the issue isn't whether or not to upgrade to Lion, but how to get Mail working as promised on Snow Leopard.

If anyone has any ideas, please share.

Did I Misread the memo? Mail with OS 10.6.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.