7 Replies Latest reply: Jul 22, 2012 3:20 PM by Meg St._Clair
RMJFlack Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I don't see any sort of edit button, after posting.   Do I need special glasses?

iPad
  • Allan Sampson Level 10 Level 10 (123,365 points)

You can edit a post within 10 or 15 minutes after it was posted.

If within that timeframe, there is an Edit selection available at the bottom right of the post.

This is not available when posting with an iOS device.

Message was edited by: Allan Sampson

• Dylrob Level 2 Level 2 (280 points)

Allan Sampson wrote:

This is not available when posting with an iOS device.

Actually it's just not available when using Safari. All the controls show up in third party browsers like iCab. It appears that the forum software disables certain features based on what your browser identifies itself as.

• Demo Level 10 Level 10 (81,970 points)

As pointed out already by dylrob, it just does not work with Safari. I rarely use Safari. I downloaded iCab Mobile and I can edit, format, use the emoticons and do so many things on this site that you cannot do with Safari.

You must identify the iCab browser as a desktop browser in the settings in order to use the edit feature, but it works well on this discussion site if you want to edit your posts. It has many more features than Safari has so you might want to check it out in the app store.

• cicerogirl Level 1 Level 1 (145 points)

So we pcannot edit a post on an APPLE support forum using APPLE'S browser?!?  {sarcasm on}  Good job, Apple...

• Meg St._Clair Level 8 Level 8 (42,375 points)

cicerogirl wrote:

So we pcannot edit a post on an APPLE support forum using APPLE'S browser?!?  {sarcasm on}  Good job, Apple...

Apple didn't develop the forum software. It's by a company called Jive.

• RMJFlack Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

And they were selected by Microsoft?

(holding done alt+shift+sarcasm key)

• Meg St._Clair Level 8 Level 8 (42,375 points)

Apparently, they're about the only company that makes software that will handle a forum of this size.

I prefer iCab Mobile to Safari for a number of reasons. The fact that it gives me access to editing forum posts is just a bonus.