Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to spend last $0.70 balance to switch store

HI, I would like to switch store and haven't been able to spend the last 0.70$ credit I have in my account. I'd like to know if there are products on this price or if I can switch losing this credit. I am in Colombia now and can't buy iTunes card here, apparently.

Thanks.

Lorena

Posted on Jul 1, 2012 4:06 PM

18 replies

Jul 1, 2012 6:55 PM in response to lorenapar

You don't say why you are switching stores. Some people try because they want to buy items from another country. Just so you know, the iTunes Store in a country is intended only for use by that country's residents while they are in the country. To use the iTunes Store in a country you need a credit card (or other card type if acceptable in a country) issued in that country, billed to an address in that country, and also be physically present in that country when using the store. You are also restricted to waiting 90 days between country changes.

E.g., "The iTunes Service is available to you only in the United States, its territories, and possessions. You agree not to use or attempt to use the iTunes Service from outside these locations. Apple may use technologies to verify your compliance. - http://www.apple.com/legal/itunes/us/terms.html#SERVICE"

Jul 2, 2012 12:02 PM in response to lorenapar

lorenapar wrote:

I am switching store because I moved to another country (Colombia) and I read I could do this as soon as I have no balance on my account. I don't have a credit card with US billing address to add credit.

You don't add credit and you don't use a U.S. credit card.

You add a credit card from the country your iTunes account is in then make a small purcahse (one song).

Then you will have a zero balance.

You can then switch countries.

Or send email as Limnos suggested above.

Jan 2, 2014 3:36 AM in response to Limnos

This hole problem is ridiculous, I currently live in Spain and work in the UK, Norway, and France (next year it could be Germany or anywhere else for that matter) I have now idea how long I will be in any one place. From what I have read here I should only be using the itunes stores of those country's while a am in them yet I can only change once in ninety days. As for the suggestion that I use a credit card from each country to buy credit is just not viable. I have enough to do with out spending my time applying for credit cards countrys I have no credit history in. In my opinion even going though the process of buying a gift card then having to spend as much of it as I can. Then righting and e-mail to Apple support to give them my unused credit, just so I can take advantage of local apps and not contravene these terms http://www.apple.com/legal/itunes/us/terms.html#SERVICE" while I use or attempt to use the iTunes Service from outside the county I Have bean prviously loged into.

What scenario are Apple trying to avoid exactly? It all seams mad and contraditory to me to me.

Jan 23, 2016 10:53 AM in response to lorenapar

I had this problem last night and Apple solved it in ten minutes!

I went on to the support site and sent an email to Apple support asking them to remove the 30c I had on my account, so I could change countries. Within a minute I received an email, probably automated, telling me the problem was being investigated, and five minutes later received a second mail saying the balance had been cleared.

Simple solution well executed.

Apr 23, 2016 3:12 PM in response to slyworld

HI, I am having the same problem. I would like to switch store and haven't been able to spend the last 0.70$ credit I have in my account. I am switching store because I moved to another country (Bangladesh) and I read I could do this as soon as I have no balance on my account. I don't have a credit card with US billing address to add credit. As, I am in Bangladesh now and can't buy iTunes card here.

I have tried to use my AMX card issued from Bangladesh. While updating the billing info I failed to attach the card in the billing information. Every time the billing was successful but, iTune store shows that the payment declined where as I got the text from bank the transaction was successful.

I'd like keeping my present account because, there are several products registered against this iTune account. Please let me know, how can I solve the problem

How to spend last $0.70 balance to switch store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.