Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't find "*.ispw" for 1st gen apple tv.

I had an internal hard drive failure. Unrecoverable even with SATA-USB direct connection. Does anyone know where I can get the Original firmware install for the 1st Gen ATV? If there is a special way of installing to a blank HD that would also be greatly appreciated.

-Chris

Apple TV

Posted on Jul 1, 2012 5:04 PM

12 replies

Jul 1, 2012 6:24 PM in response to telones

Yes, I agree that there are features of the Apple TV one, that are much better than the current version. However the cost of repairing your first-generation Apple TV will be quite ridiculous. Also, you should be aware that the current Apple TV can also play 1080p. Indeed unlike the first-generation Apple TV which could only play 720p files but output 1080p, the current Apple TV can play 1080p files and also output 1080p to your TV.

Jul 2, 2012 12:31 AM in response to Winston Churchill

I already have all the components I need to fix the 1st Gen AppleTV. ie:Hard drive with SATA Connection. I already havbe the 3rd gen AppleTV. I'm just looking for the software/firmware for the first gen. I believe its 3.0.2, I just can't find it anywhere. I have done all the work myself of removing the old hard drive and putting in the new one leaving the console torn down just in case it will be easier to install the firmware via OS X.

Jul 2, 2012 2:52 AM in response to Winston Churchill

I ended up building the drive partition myself and found a copy of 3.0.2. I have a full working first gen apple tv. To respond to the 3.0.2 not being enough; the atv is being installed in my car to provide an apple based music hard drive along with the head unit within the vehicle. I tinker its what I do. The 1st gen apple tv is perfect for this project

Can't find "*.ispw" for 1st gen apple tv.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.