Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Working with iPhoto with photos from external hard disk

When I import photos directly from my camera, a disk and an old hard disk, I have no problem working on these photos in iPhoto after the import. However, lately, I imported older photos from another newer hard disk and found out that when I tried to work on these photos in iPhoto, the Mac kept on prompting me to find the photos and advised me to insert disk or connect to server volume. What does this mean? And why it does not work this time around? I can only edit the photos if the hard disk is still connected to my iMac

iCal syncronisation

Posted on Jul 2, 2012 12:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2012 6:56 AM

Do you have a default "managed" library (the iPhoto preference to "copy imported items to the iPhoto library is in its checked state) or a referenced library you have unchecked that pererence)

It sounds like you unchecked that preference - if you did then of course the original photos must be available in order to use tehm --- for this and many other reasons a referenced library is not recommended

LN

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2012 6:56 AM in response to kampongboy

Do you have a default "managed" library (the iPhoto preference to "copy imported items to the iPhoto library is in its checked state) or a referenced library you have unchecked that pererence)

It sounds like you unchecked that preference - if you did then of course the original photos must be available in order to use tehm --- for this and many other reasons a referenced library is not recommended

LN

Working with iPhoto with photos from external hard disk

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.