Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get my iweb sites back ???

My Macbook was recently stolen. I had just purchased the services of a new FFP server to host my iweb sites and backup all of my photos to but had not yet set it up. As of the 30th of June the Mobile Me hosting service was to be disabled and I can no longer even view the sites I had online to try and save some of the information. Is there anyway that I can get my information from those sites back ?

Posted on Jul 2, 2012 12:45 AM

11 replies

Jul 2, 2012 1:20 AM in response to daveytee

Well you could try - apparently when you go to MobileMe there is a MobileMe Closed sign up, but for a limited period it is saying that you can still recover any photos that you have in your gallery and download any site files from your iDisk, so try it and you might still get them back. It is only 2nd July after all, so they might consider keeping it up for longer than a few days.

Jul 2, 2012 1:50 AM in response to Wyodor

Cheers,

I am remotely browsing my me account via a PC. It seems there is nothing relating to my sites on the idisk however this may be my own fault. I was under the impression that the iweb info including galleries were synced to my me account automatically as that was where they were hosted from. It is great that the MME service is still running for people like me who only had problems in the final days before it closed. Just wish I had not waited to send everything over to my transmit account..

Any other ideas ?

Much appreciated...

Jul 2, 2012 12:45 PM in response to daveytee

If you can mount your iDisk on whatever computer you have you can go to the iDiak/Web/Sites folder and download the website folders that are in there.

You upload those folder to your new ftp server but parts of the site may not work particularly if you created them with iWeb 2. You can use the files in the site folders to help recreate the sites with iWeb as described here: Chapter 2.3 on the iWeb FAQ.org site has tips on using some of the existing files, image, audio, video, etc., from the published site in the creation of the new site.

OT

How to get my iweb sites back ???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.