Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exporting is too slow - FCP 7

Hi,

Problem:

I don't know why rendering and exporting are too slow, even when i woke up this morning and found my video exported it couldn't open.

I'm trying to export a 10min footage.

It tells me it needs 35 - 40 min to export and after 30min. the time remaining is still the same (30min).

after a few hours of exporting, the video does not open/play.

Technical Settings:

I converted my footage to ProRess (HQ), the sequence settings are set to ProRess (HQ) too.

the material in the sequence and the sequence settings are exactly the same.

Additional Info.

I tried exporting to my machine instead of a hard drive to check if the problem is from the hard drive, but still exporting at the same speed (too slow).

I've been editing for 10yrs. and never faced this problem.

my machine is an iMac. OS X, Version 10.6.8, Processor 2.66GHz i5, Memory 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3.

Thanks,

Omar

iMac 27inch, N/A

Posted on Jul 2, 2012 3:07 AM

3 replies

Jul 22, 2012 11:19 PM in response to Michael Grenadier

Problem solved, I do not know how, but I think when I formated my external hard drive, I chose MS-DOS (FAT) rather than choosing Mac OS Extended, I formated it again and chose Mac OS Extended.

I was not able to copy more than 4GB when the format was MS-DOS (FAT), now that I converted the format to Mac OS Extended I can copy files no matter what size it is.

Thank you both for your suggestions.

Omar

Exporting is too slow - FCP 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.