Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am wishing to write a complaint letter regarding the service I have received for an Apple product, does anybody know to whom I should be addressing this to and the relevant email address? Thank you so much for your assistance. James

I purchased an iPad 1 (in Australia where I used to live) and 5 months after the warrenty had run out it ceased to turn on. This I hasten to add, was only 1yr 5 months after purchasing it, and I think we all expect a premium product, which we pay a premium price for to work for longer then 1yr 5 months.

This aside, I was advised my the Apple service centre in Singapore (Where I now reside) that due to the lack of warranty I would have to pay circa $450 SGD (£225) to get a "new" IPad 1. This was my only option.

After begrudgingly parting with my money I recieved a "new" iPad with a 3 month warranty a week later (less than a week ago)

The iPad has since stopped turning on again, having exactly the same problem as previously. I was advised by the genius at the Apple retail outlet in Isreal (where I am currently, bearing in mind there is no official Apple store in the country) that the iPad I had in my possesion was purchased in Australia a yr and 5 months ago and had no warranty. Not only had I paid $450 SGD for Apple only to fix my old iPad, I had been falsely advised that I would be recieving a new Apple product and my serial number has not been updated with the additional warranty. I feel a little cheated.

Personaly I am dissmayed by this turn of events and feel hugely let down by Apple.

I was going to give the iPad to my father as a present as I haven't seen him for 2 years, but it's worthless.

Any assistance with this matter would be highly appreciated, I just want an iPad that works and a warranty period that makes sense for the amount of money I have spent on the product.

iPad

Posted on Jul 2, 2012 4:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2017 12:57 AM

Yes, I have a similar problem and can't find their email. Contacting the hotline and the local Apple Genius is a total waste of time. They will very politely waste your time and explaining your situation without providing a solution. I will try a few more days for their reply and if I have to write a letter, that would be a legal one.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2017 12:57 AM in response to masterfranklin

Yes, I have a similar problem and can't find their email. Contacting the hotline and the local Apple Genius is a total waste of time. They will very politely waste your time and explaining your situation without providing a solution. I will try a few more days for their reply and if I have to write a letter, that would be a legal one.

Jul 2, 2012 6:42 AM in response to Texas Mac Man

Thanks people 🙂

When I refer to letter, I mean email or eletter, whatever you wish to call it, but a correspondance via email very quickly to a global high-tech technology company. This is the year 2012 after all, I would feel slight disbelief if the only way to raise this complaint would be via a real letter.

If there is no other way, than a letter will have to suffice.

Again thanks for your support and time guys/gals.

Regards,
James

I am wishing to write a complaint letter regarding the service I have received for an Apple product, does anybody know to whom I should be addressing this to and the relevant email address? Thank you so much for your assistance. James

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.