Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am having problems on running an application which requires jre 1.5. The error says "The application has requested a version of the JRE(jre 1.5) that is not installed. Please help

I am having problems on running an application which requires jre 1.5. The error says "The application has requested a version of the JRE(jre 1.5) that is not installed. Please help

MacBook Pro, SNow Leopard 10.6.8

Posted on Jul 2, 2012 5:18 AM

12 replies

Jul 2, 2012 7:55 AM in response to Abubakr Quddusi

It is not a very big thing technicaly cuz i have windows in one partition and i can connect through that also but in my organization of 300 engineers only i have a MAc book and windows people are always trying to find a problem with that. I cannot give them this chance because then they will have a reason to bug me for the rest of my life including my Technical Manager and my Chief Technology Officer. So guys please i need this like oxygen!!!!! Hope you understand my position.

BR

Jul 10, 2012 11:23 AM in response to Abubakr Quddusi

The solution is simple. First, if someone bugs u, ask him to go to ****. If the problem persists, then give him ek kaan k neechey. Phir bhi agar masla hall na ho tu sell this macbook n buy something else. Lolzz.

No offences but, i mean, ye bhi koi masla hy? jokes apart, but ppl always help each other if they r asked to. if u'll ask for help from these 300 engineers they'll def help u to sort it out. c im the only female in my dept where i work. n ppl r always kind enough to help me no matter how busy they r. i have always been helped by everyone. i mean agar main hoti tu may tu yahi karti. btw just use the windows. is sy kya hojayega if u won't use the other OS or whatever that is?

Jul 25, 2012 10:26 AM in response to Abubakr Quddusi

I am having the same problem as you. I don't think they are understanding that you cannot download Java for Mac from Oracle. It has to be done through Apple's Software Update. Problem is my software is up-to-date and I am receiving the same error as you. I have checked that Java is enabled in the Java Preferences app in Utilities and it's still not working. Did you find a solution for this?

Jul 25, 2012 2:45 PM in response to Gus Fernandez

Maheen, sweety ,,go get a manicure.

@Gus:

brother, i couldnt solve the problem as i updated it from the apple software update still it was not solved. Then i upgraded to osx lion so that i can solve the problem. But i havent spent time on this issue cuz i was quite busy in other issues. No need to upgrade to lion specifically for this purpose otherwise lion is very good. I will let u guys know of any updates.

Crampy brother : for snow leopard u cant update from Java site directly. U need to update from mac software updat. And no it didnt solve the problem.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.