You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it bad to play games on MacBook air?

I've been asking this for a long time but I haven't really got a specific answer of it. I've got a 2012 MacBook air (4gig RAM, 1.8ghz, 128gig memory) and I ve been playing team fortress 2 for A week already on it. I'm also planning to put FIFA on it; when I play games such as tf2, there aren't any lags but when I play games I think the fan turns fast. Based on these two games, tf2 and FIFA, do you think it'll affect the speed or anything of the laptop? Will the battery life shorten?? I hope I receive a good answer, thanks!!!

MacBook Air

Posted on Jul 2, 2012 6:18 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2012 6:20 AM

Your MBA is fine, just enjoy it.

3 replies

Jul 2, 2012 6:56 AM in response to Brian D PRo

This is like asking if it is bad to go on a thousand mile trip in a car. Will driving a thousand miles put more wear and tear on the car than leaving it in the garage? Yes, but the car is designed to be driven. The computer is there to be used. Will your keyboard wear out if you type? Yes, but that's a factor in using any physical item be it a computer or a shovel.

One thing you may find with gaming is a computer will run hotter, so just like keeping your eye on the temperature gauge in the car when driving long distances you should also make sure you keep the computer on a surface where it will get good airflow.

Is it bad to play games on MacBook air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.