Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Goodreader and iCloud

I am trying to access iCloud from Goodreader on my iPad 2. iCloud shows up under "Connect to servers".

However, when I try to connect, it displays a box saying "accessing server tap here to cancel" for a couple of minutes, and then returns an error message: "INVALID SERVER RESPONSE: HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error"

I have deleted the account, and tried to add it again. However, despite Goodreader's claim that it now is iCloud compatible, the "Add" option does not include iCloud. It only has "MobileMe iDisk".

BTW, I have checked to ensure that "Use iCloud" under General settings is set to "ON".

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jul 2, 2012 9:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 7:43 PM

To turn on iCloud in goodreader you need to go to setting. Then general setting and about half way down is iCloud support switch. After turning that on an iCloud folder appears in my docs.

Hope this helps.

Giovanni

8 replies

Jul 15, 2012 3:46 AM in response to David N. Lyon

David, if iCloud isn't in the "Add" list of Connect to Server, how did it get into your Server list in the first place? Wouldn't you have needed to add it at some stage?

(It doesn't appear in my Add list, nor is it in the Server list to start with.)

What version of GoodReader are you using I wonder?

pvonk, I figured out how to activate iCloud in our situation... by moving a file into it.

e.g. select Manage Files, select a file from the list, select Move (or Copy), select iCloud from the list. (You can create a new folder at that point if you wish.) Then move or copy the item there.

That enables Goodreader for iCloud use, so in Settings, iCloud, Storage, Manage Storage, Goodreader will now show up there in the list.

Goodreader and iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.