Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New podcast app not streaming or downloading CNET HD or HQ video podcasts

Every thing seems to be going pretty well with the new Apple podcast app, except that it will not stream or download any CNET HD or HQ video podcasts to my latest generation Wi-Fi iPad. All software on the iPad is up to date and all other podcasts I subscribe to are working just fine.

When I attempt to stream the CNET video podcasts, it seems to try to load for one or two seconds and then drops back to the home screen. When I try to download one of the CNET video podcasts I get a failure message reporting that it isn't available.

I can download and play the CNET video podcasts from both of my Macs and from any of the Apple TVs in the house.

I haven't been able to find any other reports of this issue in these forums or on the Internet in general so I'm thinking that it might be a configuration issue on my iPad…? Is anyone else experiencing this issue with the CNET HD and HQ video podcasts? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Posted on Jul 2, 2012 9:23 AM

14 replies

Jul 3, 2012 4:46 PM in response to WGQ

I heard back from CNET today. Their support bot named 'Jen' didn't understand that I was referring to streaming OR DOWNLOADING podcasts from iTunes, not streaming videos. Here's the response:

"We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble viewing CNET Streaming Videos. In order to view CNET videos, you will need to have the latest version of Flash installed in your browser and you also must not have any ad-blocking software or add-ons running.

We also recommend that you visit our troubleshooting page where you will find the minimum requirements, troubleshooting tips and instructions on how to request technical assistance for more complex video questions:

http://cnet.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1605

Then, if you are still having trouble, please let us know and we will investigate further.

Sincerely,

Jen

CNET Customer Help"

I will keep trying.

Jul 3, 2012 5:10 PM in response to WGQ

More info...

If you go into iTunes>More>Podcasts and select your favorite CNET video podcast, it will stream or download just fine. Therefore, this is clearly not an iOS/device video compatibility issue. This is a problem with the new iOS Podcast app or a problem with the way it interacts with CNET. Either way, I'm surprised that a lot more people aren't experiencing and complaining about the problem.

Jul 4, 2012 11:06 AM in response to WGQ

Agian it's not just Cnet. I found others that do the same thing. I belive it is a bug in the App since these Podcasts work fine with other Podcast Apps. Funny that Cnet did an artical (lin below) about the Podcasting App but failed to even use one of their own Poidcast in it. I sent an email to the arthour (Matt Elliot) asking him to try a Cnet video Podcast. It is very strange how everyone is so oblivios to such an obvios oversight.

http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-57463049-285/getting-started-with-apples-pod casts-app/]

New podcast app not streaming or downloading CNET HD or HQ video podcasts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.