Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Password allowance loop when trying to deinstall/install Adobe CS3 & CS6

I just purchased a new MacPro to upgrade an old MacPro from 2004.

I had Adobe CS3 on my old machine, which I migrated over to my new MacPro.

I went to the Application > Utilities > Add or Remove Adobe Creative Suite 3 Design Premium

to initiate the removal of the software prior to installing Adobe CS6.

Upon opening this application I get a dialog pane that says:

Setup wants to make changes. Type your password to allow this.

The pane disappears, then reappears a fraction of a second later, then loops indefinitely like this. I’ve punched in my password up to 25 times, and it still keeps looping back.

Hoping this was isolated to some fluke of the migration I tried to install CS6 anyway without removing CS3. However, after opening the installation app, then keying in the serial number, I get the same dialog pane with the exact same message.

What can I do to resolve this?

I’m loved in as myself/Administrator, and the dialog reacts differently if I type a different password, so I know it recognizes my password as correct, it just keeps asking for it ad infinitum.

Mac Pro (Mid 2012), Mac OS X (10.7.4), Adobe Products

Posted on Jul 2, 2012 10:37 AM

6 replies

Jul 2, 2012 1:46 PM in response to Linc Davis

I haven’t tried to install anything else, so I guess I haven’t run into the authentication issue elsewhere. I can login to my accont, which is listed as the Admin, in SysPrefs.

I also spoke briefly to Apple (now they’re unavailable), and the support person had me reassert my Read & Write privledges on the Get Info pane of my Hard Drive, make myself the owner (again) and apply those to all contained items. Once this was done I recieved a slew of errors following this format:

System extenions cannot be used

The system extension "/System/Library/Extensions/*insert multiple extension titles here*" was installed improperly and connot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product's vendor for an update.

Thanks for taking the time to help with this Linc, it’s appreciated.

Password allowance loop when trying to deinstall/install Adobe CS3 & CS6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.