Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

27" iMac Quad Core i7 and a Sony VPL-CX5 video projector - How do I get them to work together?

I've got a 27" iMac quad-core i7 running Lion and a Sony VPL-CX5 video projector. The projector is no longer support by Sony and Lion doesn't have an included driver to make it recognize the projector as a display device. I'm trying to find some sort of adaptor that the iMac will recognize as a display that will send a video or s-video (or even vga) signal to the projector.

Has anyone had any experience with such a device? Thanks in advance for any help.

Sarge52

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jul 2, 2012 11:28 AM

2 replies

Jul 2, 2012 12:28 PM in response to Rudegar

I didn't think so either, but when I called Apple Care and Sony they said there was something built in to the OS so that it would recognize the projector (a driver?) and Sony said they stopped supporting (with drivers?) this projector some time ago.

I can connect it to an eMac that I have using an adapter that goes to s-video and video and the display shows up in the display section of the System Preferences, but when I try the same thing on my iMac it doesn't see anything.

27" iMac Quad Core i7 and a Sony VPL-CX5 video projector - How do I get them to work together?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.