Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP!! I can't access my macintosh HD when Booted!

Hi, I am new at this forum, so bear with me guys 😀

Anyway, i am experiencing some problems with my Macbook 15" i7 2012 model.. I just bougt it on april 5th 2012..

I have installed windows 7 on bootcamp, and currently running max os Lion

currently i am having issues accessing the mac os itself.

When i turned it on and off or restart it, it always gives me a bootup screedn that said Mac OS Utilities, just like the picture in this link : http://www.apple.com/osx/recovery/

I tried restarting it several times, it does not boot up my Macbook, to my desktop. I trist the windows it works just fine.

Then i tried recovering it 3x, which each takes 6-7 hours to do it. and it still always keep booting up the same thing over and over again.

i tried re-installing the OS, but its always giving me message, "this mac os lion is damaged, cannot be installed in this computer" something like that.

IT'S really frustraating, i've been trying to fix it a day or so, it still wont boot up my Desktop..

I tried restaring it and choosing my disk "Macintosh HD" but it still gives me a recover screen. I also tried pressing the option key then choose my disk, and it still doing the same thing.

PLEASE i need helppp!! someone anyone, what should i do!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jul 2, 2012 12:18 PM

6 replies

Jul 3, 2012 5:15 AM in response to Zeyner

to erase the entire drive you can't be using or booted from it.

You can clone the system to another drive or install OS X to an external drive; at a minimum you have to use OS X DVD or Lion Recovery.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4718

If the mac shipped with Lion you can do a network install.

If you dont' have TimeMachine or a clone, create one, and set aside enough space for an extra partition to install OS X or to fit your current working Mac system.

Mac HFS System

Lion Recovery

Boot Camp

External

Mac System for emergency 30GB

Mac "Clone" System of your Mac 300GB?

TimeMachine: 300-350% the size of your internal HFS volume

Jul 3, 2012 5:31 AM in response to The hatter

I did what the link you gave me to do.. and it seems the same message still came out.

I can't unmount the disk to erase everything. and I tried to make 2 partition into 1 partition, and the same error occured, i am unable to unmount the disk..

This is really frustrating.. is there anyway to reset everything to its factory settings by using terminal? or anything else instead of disk utility? like a reset button or something 😀

HELP!! I can't access my macintosh HD when Booted!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.