Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal search on my MacBook does not show past events

The search function in iCal on my MacBook only shows events in the future none of the past events are displayed. I'm sure I changed a setting by mistake, but I can't figure out which one it is. I'm running OS X 10.7.3 and iCal 5.0.2.

Posted on Jul 2, 2012 4:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2012 10:07 AM

I have been told that there is no way to do this. But if you find a way, please post it. Thanks.

2 replies

Jan 19, 2013 4:56 AM in response to jcfhunt

Recently bought a Mac for the first time and changed from Google Calendar to iCloud. Have now just found that I can't search my past events, which I need to do for billing purposes. (I have lots of weekly repeating engagements.) Think I will have to go back to Google Calendar since the web interface lets you search past events quite easily. All very efficient and as it should be.

Have reported the problem at http://www.apple.com/feedback/ but note that there is no feedback for Calendar, only for iCal which only goes up to version 4.0.4 so I used the OS X feedback option. I am using Calendar running on OS X 10.8.2 and it says that it is version 6.0 (1645).

iCal search on my MacBook does not show past events

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.