Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

alpine with iCloud

Hiya,

Been using pine / alpine on mac and linux systems for ages now, and the iCloud transition changed some settings. I didn't find much on the net except this fellow's post and thought if anyone else is having problems setting up alpine with the new iCloud this tip may help save a bit of hair-pulling.

It appears the settings given here are not quite right as the above post indicates; do not include the '@me.com' field for the server settings. Here's an example from my .pinerc:

inbox-path={imap.mail.me.com/novalidate-cert/user=yourusername:993/ssl}inbox

smtp-server=smtp.mail.me.com/novalidate-cert/user=yourusername:587/tls

and the ssl variety for connecting to the smtp server is not functional - you appear to have to use tls as the apple knowledge page says...

hope someone finds this helpful...

thanks!

shawn

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 2, 2012 5:06 PM

3 replies

May 24, 2017 9:52 PM in response to Shawn Means1

Hi there,

For me what works well is:

In "setup" then option "L" the serveur should be:

imap.mail.me.com/novalidate-cert/user=yourusername:993/ssl

Also the view should have an "*"

After we go in "setup" then the option (C)

smtp server should be: {smtp.mail.me.com/novalidate-cert/user=yourusername:587/ssl}

inbox path should be: {imap.mail.me.com/novalidate-cert/user=yourusername:993/ssl}INBOX

default FCC should be: {imap.mail.me.com/novalidate-cert/user=yourusername:993/ssl}Sent

Oct 14, 2014 9:48 AM in response to Shawn Means1

There are some litte mistakes You can find the right configuration for iCloud Mail on this guys blog it's in german, but you can read there the right datas and if you wanna read more, you can use google translator.

But attention! You have to replace "Eros Cupid" with your Apple iCloud username (Maybe your Apple ID.).

http://teleschirm.info/150/220/alpine-pine-konfiguration-mit-apple-icloud-mail/# pinerc_config

alpine with iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.