Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I change my system so I don't need to type my password at log in

When I set up my computer, I stupidly chose "type password at log in" Is there any way to change that without reloading the system software?

Posted on Jul 2, 2012 6:14 PM

3 replies

Jul 2, 2012 6:17 PM in response to coogie2

This is not advised for security reasons, but if you feel comfortable with the security of your system then you can set this up in the Users & Groups system preferences. Under the account listings select "Login Options" and then click the lock to unlock this preferences pane. Then select a user account to log in with in the "Automatic Login" menu, and then supply the account's password when prompted.

Jul 2, 2012 6:39 PM in response to coogie2

Yes as discribed above but eventually you will need to type in the password to install programs or to do something else. At the time that happens you will more then likely have forgotten your password and be posting back here on this forum with "I forgot my Password what do I do". Is it that hard to type in your password when you start your computer?

Good luck.

How can I change my system so I don't need to type my password at log in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.