Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I organize web albums (Flickr, Facebook) in Aperture 3.3?

Prior to version 3.3, Aperture used to display Web Albums in the traditional list format. For instance, for MobileMe albums, in the lefthand most panel of the UI, there would be an entry for every album, one album per row. If I remember correctly, I could drag to reorder them however I saw fit.

Now, web albums no longer has this functionality. For instance for my Flickr account, there is simply a "Flickr" item under Web Albums in the leftmost panel. There is no way to expand this, for instance, into a list of specific albums (photosets) hosted on Flickr. Clicking on the "Flickr" item shows me, on the right side of the screen, in thumbnail form, all of my Flickr-synchronized albums. There appears to be no way of reordering these.

Any ideas? I would very much like to be able to organize these, for instance, according to date, or theme.

Posted on Jul 2, 2012 6:55 PM

3 replies

Mar 15, 2013 12:19 PM in response to timyu

Yes, I'm struggling with a number of aspects of the way Aperture synchronises with Flickr. In general, it works okay for me but the way sync behaves seems to vary. The loss of the stacked Flickr albums within the library list is a bit annoying but I think the main problem is that I don't really understand how sync works.

1. When I upload from Aperture, I use the icon in the toolbar at the top of the Aperture screen. This gives me the visibility option and asks which set I want to upload to. This seems to work okay. Metadata and geotags upload okay too.

2. I often modify tags, titles, etc within Flickr or FlickStackr. The changes I make usually remain but not always. Sometimes a new sync with Aperture overwrites titles. Not always though. Why?

3. I'm not really sure where the synchronised photos are. I suspect that the initial upload puts the photo on the Flickr server. Then, when Aperture next synchronises, a copy is down loaded to the web albums folder within aperture. So, now there are three copies? What synchronises with what? If I modify the original version, does that then re-synch with Flickr?

Lots more questions... I'd just like to know how it all works.

Any polite suggestions appreciated... :)

How do I organize web albums (Flickr, Facebook) in Aperture 3.3?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.