Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My pop-up keyboard on my iPad has disappeared.

The pop-up keyboard on my iPad has disappeared. I don't have a wireless keyboard connected, although I had used my external keyboard as simply a holder for the iPad recently but it was not connected and I didn't actually use the external keyboard's functions. Now when I go to type anything on the iPad instead of the keyboard popping up I can only paste in the last search term used.

I would apprecaite any advice that any one could give me as to how to get the keyboard back.

Thank you.

iPad

Posted on Jul 2, 2012 6:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2012 6:35 PM

As long as you are certain that you do not have a Bluetooth keyboard that is still paired with your iPad - Try either or both of these things.

Restart the iPad by holding down on the sleep button until the red slider appears and then slide to shut off. To power up hold the sleep button until the Apple logo appears and let go of the button.

Reset the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider - let go of the buttons.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2012 6:35 PM in response to kristen174

As long as you are certain that you do not have a Bluetooth keyboard that is still paired with your iPad - Try either or both of these things.

Restart the iPad by holding down on the sleep button until the red slider appears and then slide to shut off. To power up hold the sleep button until the Apple logo appears and let go of the button.

Reset the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider - let go of the buttons.

My pop-up keyboard on my iPad has disappeared.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.