Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a 2nd generation ipod shuffle(2GB) and using windows 7 in the pc, every time i connect my ipod i have to restore it and sync, still there always be a problem showing this device can't be readable or writable and i can't sync it every time.

I have a 2nd generation ipod shuffle(2GB) and using windows 7 in the pc, every time i connect my ipod i have to restore it and sync, still there always be a problem showing this device can't be readable or writable and i can't sync it every time.

iPod shuffle, Windows 7

Posted on Jul 2, 2012 9:22 PM

1 reply

Jul 2, 2012 11:23 PM in response to jimtaylor005

Did this work properly before? Or has it always had this problem since trying to use it with this computer?

As a test, try shutting down (powering off) your computer. Disconnect ALL of your USB devices, including hub, except for standard keyboard and mouse (if it's not a laptop). Use this procedure to reset the shuffle

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1655

Start up computer. Run iTunes. Connect shuffle to a direct USB port on the computer. Do a Restore and sync if necessary, then see if there is improvement the next time you connect it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.