Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can i get all the 150 themes for idvd?

I downloaded idvd and a realised that I had less themes than in my sisters computer and she sais she never installed new themes. how can I get all the 150 themes that come with the application?

iDVD '08, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Jul 2, 2012 8:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2017 4:59 PM

The package cannot be downloaded from the Mac App Store. However, you can use this direct link from Apple:

http://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/53/06/031-11609/gethaqto8acx9pvblr4pnhi tssanvhtpiz/iDVDExtraContent.pkg

11 replies

Jul 3, 2012 12:01 AM in response to migu

By default, the latest version of iDVD (version 7) does not include the themes that where part of iDVD version 5 and older. However, you can still use them with iDVD 7.

Use the following instructions to learn how to download them..

1) Open iDVD and select CREATE A NEW PROJECT...

User uploaded file

2) Go to the themes pull-down menu and select ALL...

User uploaded file

3) Scroll down untill you see some themes that look FADED and have NO LITTLE TRIANGE next to them. Click on one of them.

User uploaded file

4) A Dialogue window should show up. Select DOWNLOAD NOW.

User uploaded file

5) SOFTWARE UPDATE should show up looking for new software for your computer. Once that's done, a NEW SOFTWARE UPDATE will be avaliable for your computer. Click on the INSTALL button.

User uploaded file

Wait for the iDVD EXTRA CONTENT to finish downloading and installing itself, and that's it. You now have extra iDVD themes.

Just make sure to CLOSE and RE-OPEN iDVD after the install for the new themes to become active.

Jan 22, 2013 10:25 AM in response to migu

Themes from iDVD 5, 6 and & 7 are included in the iDVD 7.0.1 updater. If it won't run by itself you can use Pacifist to install the themes you need.

For themes from iDVD 1 thru 5 you'd need to purchase the iLife 09 disk from a 3rd party retailer like Amazon.com or eBay.com. Then install the iDVD Extra Content option:

User uploaded file

This is what the contents of the iLife 11 installer look like in Pacifist:

User uploaded file

OT

Apr 1, 2013 1:19 PM in response to Old Toad

Old Toad wrote:

Themes from iDVD 5, 6 and & 7 are included in the iDVD 7.0.1 updater. If it won't run by itself you can use Pacifist to install the themes you need.

I guess I'm a little dense. I have the iLife '09 disc open in Pacifist and I can see the iDVD 1 and iDVD 2 themes that are not installed. How do I use Pacifist to install them? The contents of those two folders are not in the same format as the single files in the folders for iDVD 3-6 already present under /Users/Jimbo/Library/Application Support/iDVD/Installed Themes/ .

P.S. Well, duh! That right mouse button gives me an option to install to the default location, and that works perfectly.

Apr 3, 2013 3:48 AM in response to Old Toad

Thanks. I figured out how to use Pacifist as you describe. Once I had installed the extra themes that way, I did finally see the Extra Themes download in the Software Update section at the top of the updates in the App Store app. It's nice to have the plainer themes when one is not burning cute baby, wedding, holiday, or similar videos.

Jun 6, 2013 1:27 AM in response to migu

If you can get iLife '09, here's what needs to be done to get all the iDVD themes from iDVD 1 throught to the recent iDVD 7 themes installed ... using Pacifist:

User uploaded file

Make sure the iDVD 1 through iDVD 7 themes are installed in the "Themes" folder

in the iDVD "Application Support" folder (not in the iDVD folder itself, but in the

"Themes" folder inside the iDVD folder).

Jul 24, 2014 9:03 AM in response to migu

I would not download and install any software with Torrents. There's no telling what malware that could be included with the files. Torrents is a know source of viruses for PCs and adware/malware for Macs. If you go that route you do so at your own risk.

As I said before the only sure way to get all themes is from an iLife 09 disk.

How can i get all the 150 themes for idvd?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.