Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Seeking ASD 2.5.8

Hi:

I have read several requests for this item but I don't find it archived on this site.

Would someone send me this file? I know it's available via various torrents but thought what I got here would be more reliable.

I think my profile includes a good e-mail addy.

thank you,

tm

PowerMac

Posted on Jul 2, 2012 8:53 PM

13 replies

Oct 17, 2012 8:00 PM in response to dizmayed

I'm trying to give my brother-in-law a hand with his reincarnated G5 (rebuilt motherboard), and he is having the high speed fan problem that I have run across in this forum. The fan did slow down a bit after a PRAM reset, but not as slow as expected (and not as slow as it ran prior to the MB failure. My next step is to run ASD 2.5.8, but the download sites that came up concern me a bit. I'm more comfortable asking for a hand here. Can someone point me toward a safe download site or otherwise lend a hand? Thanks!

Sep 20, 2013 5:57 PM in response to dizmayed

Hi to all you Apple enthusiasts! Following a processor failure in my June 2004 G5 Dual 2.5 I have rebuilt and refurbished the machine with great support from We Love Macs! As with many others in this and other posts I now need a copy of ASD 2.5.8 to thermal calibrate and reduce fan speed. I respect Apple's decision not to support machines over 5 years old as a business position but I would ask if they would consider helping enthusiasts such as ourselves in providing the service discs as downloads. I personally would be happy to pay for the download from Apple support. After all we have read the book and seen the movie! Lets maintain the rage!

Seeking ASD 2.5.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.