Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DNS isn't working after patch 10.7.4

After upgrading my Lion Server to 10.7.4 my DNS isn't working. I checked the settings of my domain name provider, modem and my computer with lion server. The settings of lion server appear correct even the indication suggest that DNS is working. I already checked that my webserver is working. All other functions of my server work fine.

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jul 3, 2012 4:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2012 5:05 AM

Fortunately I found the way to solve the problem quickly after posting the original message. After the update of my lion server the problem was probably the way the mDNSResponder is working in 10.7.4.

There is a blog at www.eigenspace.org/2011/07/fixing-osx-lion-dns-search-domains/ which gives info on how to add the property AlwaysAppendSearchDomains.

I also had to fix the order of my DNS servers in my network connection so that the internal address (127.0.0.1) is on top.

Those two changes solved the problem of my DNS.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2012 5:05 AM in response to isnuijen

Fortunately I found the way to solve the problem quickly after posting the original message. After the update of my lion server the problem was probably the way the mDNSResponder is working in 10.7.4.

There is a blog at www.eigenspace.org/2011/07/fixing-osx-lion-dns-search-domains/ which gives info on how to add the property AlwaysAppendSearchDomains.

I also had to fix the order of my DNS servers in my network connection so that the internal address (127.0.0.1) is on top.

Those two changes solved the problem of my DNS.

DNS isn't working after patch 10.7.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.