Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS10.4 - email problems.

I am using a 1st generation imac with OS10.4. I am not getting email (but am on my laptop pro and blackberry). When I ask itools to get mail I am getting a port timed out message.

I cannot upgrade anymore - the procesor will not take Lion

Is the a move to icloud causing this?

Any ideas on how to cure this - I have already tried to change ports?

Bob

iMac, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Jul 3, 2012 6:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2012 12:51 PM

If the mail server you are attempting to connect to is (was) a MobileMe mail server, then there is web access that's available with iCloud, and also see iCloud: What if my device or computer doesn't meet iCloud system requirements? (HT4929) for what can work, and see iCloud: Mail server information (HT4864).

If the mail server is not a MobileMe server, then there's something else going on; that can be the mail server identity, the credentials, port settings, an intermediate network problem or firewall, or some other issue.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2012 12:51 PM in response to Robert Mountjoy

If the mail server you are attempting to connect to is (was) a MobileMe mail server, then there is web access that's available with iCloud, and also see iCloud: What if my device or computer doesn't meet iCloud system requirements? (HT4929) for what can work, and see iCloud: Mail server information (HT4864).

If the mail server is not a MobileMe server, then there's something else going on; that can be the mail server identity, the credentials, port settings, an intermediate network problem or firewall, or some other issue.

OS10.4 - email problems.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.