Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I have to pay $299 for a DUNS number? Why won't the $49 version work?

I'm trying to register as a company to build a for-profit application and launch it in the iStore. It says I have to apply for a DUNS number which is fine, I understand about building business credit and establishing ourselves as a reputable entity. I called D and B and they said I HAD to sign up for the $299 plan to get the number and that the $49 version on their website was not good enough to get into the iStore.

Any ideas if this is true and why? (I've only heard it from the sales rep at D and B so I'm slightly skeptical) Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated.

App registration-OTHER

Posted on Jul 3, 2012 7:02 AM

7 replies

Jul 5, 2012 1:59 PM in response to dyeprod

I am having the same issue - I actually signed up for the $49 service for expediated DUNS number. However, I am having issues registering with that DUNS number on Apple's enrollment program. I have called numerous times to DNB and to Apple to resolve this and each tell me to call the other company to fix the issue.

In addition, DNB keeps telling me I need to "validate" my account by paying the $299 fee. However, according to Apple this is not required.

Aug 3, 2012 1:13 PM in response to dyeprod

Did you ever get an answer to this? I'm kind of in the middle of the same situation, I went with the expedited $120 USD service (I'm in Mexico, so I guess fees are different) and now I'm having problems with the DUNS number I got (Apple says there's missing information and D&B says I need to pay around $200 USD to get a profile analysis that will include the missing bits), so I'm kind of stuck in the middle, I really don't want to waste any more time and money without having a guarantee that I'll ever be able to publish and sell my product 😟

Aug 6, 2012 9:23 AM in response to WoodPlane

Well, I was offered a free DUNS number but the process to getting it would take 30 days and I'm in a hurry, so I decided to go with the expedited service (around $120 USD) which takes 24 hours only. What I'm starting to question is whether a simple DUNS numer is enough for all countries or not, we know it is enough for US companies since they can update their company profiles themselves via D&B iUpdate service, but for us foreign companies there's no such thing and apparently a "D&B Full Profile Analysis" (around $200USD) is the way to go. I spoke this morning to the person in charge of processing DUNS number requests and she encouraged me to insist with Apple that my DUNS number is valid and that my profile is complete, and to also ask them to verify the information with their D&B executive(s), she said there are a lot of other companies here in Mexico having the same problem since January and that most have been able to fix it by asking Apple to double check the information with their D&B executive(s), she also mentioned that updating Apple's D&B plattform completely actually takes 2 months and not 14 days, that's why sometimes not all the data is there when we try to sign up and that's also why Apple needs to ask a D&B executive to double check the info in other databases/platforms/whatever they use to keep our data temporarily, anyway right now I'm waiting for an Apple senior advisor who is looking into the issue since last week, I'll keep this thread updated.

Aug 15, 2012 9:07 PM in response to dyeprod

DUNS is a scam do not pay for the $299 service if you are just an app developer.

I was told by buying it that my problems with apple not accepting my duns number would all be resolved, even though you dont need to pay to get it. I paid the Fee and it got me no where

Got into the android store in 10min, apples relationship with D&B is questionable.

FIX THIS

Nov 12, 2012 6:57 PM in response to dyeprod

Yes, same question here. Whats the latest on this? We are in Jamaica and DNB does not even have an office here, go figure. So i have no clue on how to get this number for our business. I am already thinking about registering a US company through one of those online company website and then aply for DUNS through that new PO BOX company, although I am not in the mood of spending all that money on registering a US company just so that I can get this DUNS number, which clearly cost money as well.

Let me know if anyone found a way for a foreign company to get a WORKING DUNS number.

Thanks,

E

Do I have to pay $299 for a DUNS number? Why won't the $49 version work?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.