Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"iPhoto Videos" disappearing from iMovie "Event Library"

There seem to be a number of posts about iPhoto movies selectively not appearing in iMovie. My (intermittent) problem is that the "iPhoto Videos" item sometimes disappears altogether from the iMove "Event Library" list. That means that I lose access to all my iPhoto movies, which is where they go when I plug in my camera.

The weird thing is that eventually it comes back... maybe on the next restart, maybe tomorrow, maybe next week. There's no pattern that I can figure out.

If this keeps happening (and I never know when), I need to be able to re-establish the link between the programs immediately. I don't consider exporting the videos from iPhoto and importing them into iMovie a viable option.

Any suggestions?

...Charles

PS Ideally, since I use a pocket camera that does both stills and videos, I'd like to see my videos got to iMovie and stills to iPhoto when I plug in my camera, but I think that's too much to ask for. Or is it?

G5 iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Jul 3, 2012 8:04 AM

There are no replies.

"iPhoto Videos" disappearing from iMovie "Event Library"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.