Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport extreme 5th gen speed VS Netgear @ 1750 MBPS. Which is faster?

I'm trying to buy one but not sure which one is faster for my house.

AirPort Extreme 802.11n (5th Gen)

Posted on Jul 3, 2012 10:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2012 2:45 PM

What model of the Netgear are you referring to that offers 1750 MegaBytes per second? Even if that was supposed to be Megabits per second, I am not aware of any consumer router that offers either wired or wireless bandwidths in that range.

4 replies

Jul 4, 2012 12:31 PM in response to lalvarado9000

John has already addressed this, but the other thing you have to consider is that Wi-Fi requires a minimum of two players: 1) wireless router, and 2) the wireless client. When the new 802.11ac products come to market, you are still going to have all of the wireless clients using the previous standards: a,b,c,g, & n. None of them will get any bandwidth performance increase connecting to these new routers. Until computer manufacturers offer 801.11ac wireless cards with their laptops/desktops, you will not be able to take advantage of this new techology.

... so trying to compare routers using different 802.11 standards is a bit like comparing apples and oranges.

Airport extreme 5th gen speed VS Netgear @ 1750 MBPS. Which is faster?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.