Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot receive iCloud mail in OS X Mail

Since the 1st July I can't get .mac or .me e-mail to work on a G5 or Intel Mac with 10.5.8 in either Entourage 2004, 2008 or MacMail - The settings are as per the Apple Support instructions (to the letter) and no Mail comes in - I know what I am doing with a Mac so I know it's not me - What gives? - does iCloud just not work unless you buy a new machine with Lion?.... Somebody changed something with iCloud after the 30th that they are not owning up to I suspect - Steve please come back.....

Posted on Jul 3, 2012 3:36 PM

12 replies

Jul 3, 2012 4:04 PM in response to Julian Wright

Yep

Moved the email to iCloud and it came back with the "Your email will continue working after the 30th" message.

Followed the instructions exactly in all of the support docs including the one you mention.

I have just tried it with a 27" Intel iMac running SnowLeopard in Apple Mail and still it won't work........

Lots of Effing and Blinding going on.....

There MUST be an answer to this - thanks for your help by the way

Jul 4, 2012 11:01 PM in response to interfaceh

Latest news:

Spent two hours with a Genius at the Coventry Garden Apple Store last night and no matter what he tried he could not get it to work! They (other Genuis's had a look in) are at a loss as to what is going on...... All the settings are correct, but Mail in Snow Leopard or earlier will not work!

The only "solution" it seems is to buy a new machine with Lion on it - a very poor option as this is just simple old technology email we are talking about here! It would be nice if Apple paid to fix this problem and not the customer.

Anybody out there who has a fix for this?

Cannot receive iCloud mail in OS X Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.