Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Revert trimmed Quicktime movie to original length

I found an old discussion (from six years ago) that saved my bacon tonight. I had the same problem as the bonehead in this thread:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/269922?messageID=1332201&amp%3b#1332201?m essageID=1332201&amp%3b

I trimmed a 74 Gigabyte quicktime file to get a short clip and then saved the file. It was only 3 minutes long instead of an hour and 49 minutes, but it was still 74 Gigs. I knew there must be a way to recover it, but it was this post that showed me how.

My purpose for posting this is to let people know that it still works even though I'm using OSX Lion 10.7.4 and the latest version of Quicktime X.

It requires using a hex editor to open your movie and doing a find & replace all - of the ASCII text "free" and replacing it with "moov". I had to use Hex Fiend (free at SourceForge.net) because it was such a huge file.

I hope this saves somebody else's file. This was the master of a recording that couldn't be redone.

Thanks to JulieJulieJulie, wherever she is!

...Steve

iPad 2, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on Jul 3, 2012 9:06 PM

There are no replies.

Revert trimmed Quicktime movie to original length

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.