Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Customer care Escalation

Hi,

I had purchased by iphone 4 from singapore last year and now am in india and phone is out of warranty, to my bad luck phone screen has developed yellowish tint on left side of the screen and now i wish to get it replaced, i dont mind paying the fees.

I had called up the Apple support, spoke to one advisor and further spoke to his senior too, i was told as india doesnt have any retail outlet same cant be replaced in india, but same can be replaced in other countries where there are apple retail stores and preferred would be Australia and HK as my phone was from singapore, i even got the address of HK IFC mall retail store.

On basis of above i arranged the phone to HK through my brother and when he visited Retail staff said as this belongs to Singapore this cant be replaced here and this is so annoying now...that m badly stuck, on basis of CC info i had arranged it to HK

How can i get this case escalated to highest possible level....would request support here...

Thanks...

Posted on Jul 4, 2012 12:33 AM

3 replies

Jul 4, 2012 6:11 AM in response to Virtual_ghost

Apple does not respond in these forums. Only users.

The iPhone warranty is only valid in the original country of purchase. You were mis-informed about any retail store.

As it's out of warranty you should just find a local shop to get it repaired.

If you want to do an Out of Warranty Replacement, you will need to ship the phone to Singapore for someone there to be taken into the Apple service center.

Jul 6, 2012 5:56 AM in response to iPhone_Warrior

Hi..

Just got new update from apple team after argueing with them, now they are tell me that HK policy got changed few days back and its one of country where it cant be replaced.

There are some country where it can be replaced irrespective of POS.

Dont know how far it is correct or this manager is just trying to save his......

Thanks....

Jul 6, 2012 6:25 AM in response to Virtual_ghost

As already stated, the iPhone warranty and iPhone repairs by Apple are only performed in the country where the phone was first sold (except the European Union counts as one country for service purposes). In some countries Apple stores will repair "foreign" phones, but that is at the discretion of the country managers. I agree with the suggestion to take it to a 3rd party repair shop. While doing so would void the warranty, you don't have one so there's nothing to lose. It might even be cheaper than an Apple replacement.

Customer care Escalation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.