Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Motion5 won't upgrade to 5.0.4 (from 5.0.3)

I've gone through downoading from the App Store several times and it won't stick!

When I try to download the upgrade first, it downloads a 300Mb or so. When it finishes it shows it's installing, but it doesn't and then goes again to "UPGRADE". When clicking on upgrade again it starts dowloading the whole program (1.3Gb!).

The upgrade never takes place. When opening Motion, version 5.0.3 loads. Then I try to upgrade again and it all starts again but never upgrades.

I looked for some Customer Service or Support for the program but there isn't any thing about this nor anyone to ask what to do!

What can I do or who may I ask about resolving the issue?

I have both Motion and F Cut Pro installed on a Mac book pro with:

Processor 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6770M 1024 MB

Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4 (11E53)

Thanks a lot

DD

Motion 5-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jul 4, 2012 2:02 AM

1 reply

Jul 7, 2012 9:52 AM in response to dodgydago

Move the "Motion" (or "FCP X") app from the Applications folder to the Trash. Launch the App Store, go to the Purchased tab, for that app click the "Install" button. You'll get a clean install of the latest version. It's an App Store bug.

When you get to Motion 5 / FCP X 10.0.5, run Software Update to get updated "Additional Content". It's not new content, just updated resolutions.

Motion5 won't upgrade to 5.0.4 (from 5.0.3)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.